**Distinguishing Features of the Class:** Under the supervision of a Registered Professional Nurse, a Patient Care Technician provides directpatient care to an...
Published 12 days ago
Job Description: Soliant is working with a school district in the Ebensburg, Pennsylvania area that needs a mostly virtual School Psychologist! The school needs...
Published 11 days ago
Great Plains Communications is looking for an energetic, detail-oriented person to fill the position of Network Operations Engineer in the Blair, Nebraska area...
Published 11 days ago
Job Description Money matters. Whether you''re saving up for something big or you just want to make some extra money, earning $18 - $25 an hour will get you...
Published 11 days ago
Sr. Director, Clinical Research (MD) - Inflammation
United States - Washington - Seattle
Gilead Sciences, Inc. is a research-based bio-pharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative medicines in areas of unmet medical need. With each new discovery and investigational drug candidate, we seek to improve the care of patients living with life-threatening diseases around the world. Gilead's therapeutic areas of focus include HIV/AIDS, liver diseases, cancer and inflammation, and serious respiratory and cardiovascular conditions.
Making an impact on a global scale
Inclusion is one of the company's five core values. That's because we know that we are stronger and more innovative at Gilead when we are informed by a diverse set of backgrounds, experiences and points of view. Gilead Sciences is a biopharmaceutical company that discovers, develops and commercializes innovative therapeutics in areas of unmet medical need. The company's mission is to advance the care of patients suffering from life-threatening diseases worldwide.
When you join Gilead, you join our mission to change the world by enabling people to live healthier and more fulfilling lives. Come join a mission-driven bio-pharmaceutical organization that values inclusion and diversity, has a strong portfolio of products, and is constantly #CreatingPossible
- The clinical research physician will play a key role at all stages of clinical development for product programs from the drug discovery stage through product registrations world-wide.
- The successful candidate will have oversight for ongoing and planned product trials within the inflammation therapeutic area, including disease targets related to ocular and respiratory inflammation
- The Clinical Research MD will report to a senior member of the inflammation clinical team, who has direct responsibility for the overall research strategy and clinical and scientific development activities.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Will be part of a team responsible for all scientific aspects of conceptualizing and planning trials.
- Will be part of a team responsible for the preparation/review of regulatory documents, IND annual reports, IND safety reports, investigator brochures, and development plans.
- Provides ongoing medical monitoring for clinical trials, including assessment of eligibility criteria, toxicity management, and drug safety surveillance.
- Ensures adherence to regulatory requirements of study conduct and industry standards of Good Clinical Practice.
- Coordinates the collection and analysis of clinical data for internal analysis and review.
- Will be part of a team responsible for managing the preparation and/or review of data listings, summary tables, study results, study reports, and clinical NDA sections.
- Prepares presentations for scientific conferences as well as for clinical study investigator meetings and expert advisory meetings.
- Develops manuscripts for publication in peer-reviewed journals.
- Will be part of a team responsible for defending the clinical development program before regulatory authorities.
- Serves as a scientific and clinical resource within Gilead Clinical Research
- Provides scientific and clinical guidance to Biology, Toxicology, Clinical Trials Management, Biometrics, Global Drug Safety, Regulatory, and Project Management staff.
- Assists in the clinical evaluation of business development opportunities.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- MD, DO or equivalent.
- Three (3)+ years' experience required in pharmaceutical industry with a proven success record in clinical research studies, trial design, execution and oversight.
- Experience in the design of study protocols, consent forms, case report forms, database design, data analysis and the construction of appropriate tables and figures
- Relevant industrial or academic experience in clinical research with basic understanding of Good Clinical Practices; direct experience in the study recruitment and consent is highly desirable.
- Direct experience in the strategic, and tactical implementation of drug development
- Experience in inflammation/rheumatology/autoimmunity drug development.
- Ability to think analytically and strategically to formulate, develop, and execute clinical plans.
- Strong leadership skills with an ability to set vision, lead change, and mentor others.
- Ability to work effectively in a multidisciplinary team to cultivate an inclusive environment of respectful, open, and honest dialogue and to foster a robust sharing of ideas and creative problem solving.
- Excellent scientific written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to partner, influence and inspire others.
- Experienced with engaging internal and external experts in constructive scientific and clinical dialog around study design, study conduct, and interpretation of clinical results.
- Well-developed sense of integrity, strong work ethic, scrupulous attention to detail, clear ability to establish and maintain timelines, and persistent commitment to ensuring a high level of quality.
For jobs in the United States:
As an equal opportunity employer, Gilead Sciences Inc. is committed to a diverse workforce. Employment decisions regarding recruitment and selection will be made without discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, genetic information or characteristic, gender identity and expression, veteran status, or other non-job related characteristics or other prohibited grounds specified in applicable federal, state and local laws. In order to ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Act of 1974, and Title I of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, applicants who require accommodation in the job application process may contact ********** for assistance.
For more information about equal employment opportunity protections, please view the 'EEO is the Law' poster.
NOTICE: EMPLOYEE POLYGRAPH PROTECTION ACT
YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THE FAMILY AND MEDICAL LEAVE ACT
PAY TRANSPARENCY NONDISCRIMINATION PROVISION
Our environment respects individual differences and recognizes each employee as an integral member of our company. Our workforce reflects these values and celebrates the individuals who make up our growing team.
Gilead provides a work environment free of harassment and prohibited conduct. We promote and support individual differences and diversity of thoughts and opinion.
For Current Gilead Employees and Contractors:
Please log onto your Internal Career Site to apply for this job.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency