The Herzog companies were founded in 1969 by William E. Herzog as a
heavy/highway construction contractor in the Midwest. Herzog now
specializes in Railroad Construction, Transit Operation and
Maintenance Services, Civil Construction and Railroad Services
nationwide. Our team consists of people who are innovators at heart,
continuously exploring new ways to improve our products, services,
and, ultimately, the industry. By always challenging ourselves - and
each other - to push for more, we keep Herzog at the forefront of the
Herzog Transit Services, Inc. is currently seeking a Technician in
Kansas City, MO for the Kansas City Streetcar.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Perform diagnostics, troubleshooting and repair of electronic
* Perform diagnostic, troubleshooting and repair of electronic
destination signage, PA systems, electronic displays and other
electronic systems typically found on transit vehicles
* Perform thorough preventative maintenance inspections in
accordance with manufacturer s guidelines; make routine mechanical
repairs and adjustments
* Troubleshoot systems and locate causes of electrical, electronic
and mechanical problems
* Perform diagnostics, troubleshooting and repair of track, switch,
TWC and TPSS
* Use test equipment, typical shop tools, torque wrenches,
multimeter, power supplies, oscilloscopes and portable test units
* Check and inspect the condition of Streetcars; report and repair
defects such as defective lights, body damage, interior damage,
and operating defects
* Maintain cleanliness and safety of shop area
* Tag and document defective parts
* Perform vehicle recovery duties including towing/pushing disabled
vehicles; assist with re-railing of cars, as necessary, move cars
around the yard and shop
* Clean exterior of streetcars by hand washing and steam cleaning,
using a variety of solvents, soaps, cleaning chemicals and tools
* Check and replenish consumables such as wiper fluid and sand
* Prepare and maintain a variety of records and reports
* Other duties as assigned.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and
level of work performed by people assigned to this job. They are not
intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so assigned.
Management retains the discretion to add to or change the duties of
the position at any time.
* High School diploma or GED.
* Experience with Streetcar and/or PLC system maintenance
* Skill in maintaining, repairing, troubleshooting, and overhauling
electrical and mechanical systems
* Experience in the diagnostics, troubleshooting and repair of
electronic propulsion systems
* Experience in the diagnostics, troubleshooting and repair of fare
collection systems, electronic destination signage, PA systems,
electronic displays and other electronic systems typically found
in transit vehicles
* Knowledge of mechanical and electrical principles, repair methods,
standards and practices
* Knowledge of test equipment and tools needed in the repair,
maintenance, and installation of mechanical, electronic and
electrical systems and equipment
* Strong knowledge of electronics including digital and analog
* Knowledge of general shop safety procedures
* Skill communicating orally and in writing.
* Skill in performing maintenance, repair, troubleshooting, and
safety/preventive maintenance inspections
* Skill in implementing preventive maintenance and safety inspection
* Skill in using test and shop equipment and tools, parts and supply
* Skill in establishing and maintaining cooperative working
relationships with those contacted in the course of business
* Skill in the use of electronic schematics, portable test units and
* Ability to read, understand and apply technical information from
* Ability to read and follow verbal and written directions; ability
to read, understand, and apply technical information found in
repair manuals, service change bulletins, and applicable technical
documents, including parts and supply manuals
* Ability to operate a computer and familiarity with MS Office
products and maintenance information systems
* Ability to obtain and maintain a Streetcar Yard Operation
* Subject to pre-employment background check and motor vehicle
* Maintain a valid driver s license and endorsements as required per
* Pass pre-employment DOT physical, medical evaluation, and drug
screen due to the safety sensitive nature of this position
* This position requires you to pass and maintain a DOT medical
evaluation to drive a Herzog commercial vehicle.
* Successfully complete and maintain any required safety
certification and testing on an annual basis.
* An employee must meet the physical demands described below to
successfully perform the essential job functions of this role.
This position will be physically demanding at times.
* Required to wear safety apparel and equipment when and where
* Exposure to repair shop, field, main-line rail or yard locations
with moderate to high noise level, lighting of various degrees,
floors of carpet/metal, various heat/cold conditions and inclement
* Will frequently be required to bend, stoop, stand and climb in
performing daily tasks and activities.
* Must have visual acuity and hearing capability to perform the
essential functions of the job unless other vision or hearing
standards are required by law.
* Must have ability to distinguish and separate sounds around
machinery and tools.
* Must be able to work safely around loose materials, uneven
surfaces and metal plates, trash and equipment.
* Must be able to lift, carry, push or pull loads in accordance with
all applicable safety rules.
* Herzog is nationally recognized for its excellent corporate safety
record, which results from all employees at all levels and in all
positions adhering to established policies and procedures.
Reporting any and all safety violations to your immediate
supervisor is a prerequisite for continued employment. Safety
diligence by all results in a safe work environment for all.
* Herzog offers a robust benefits package including medical and
dental coverage. The plans are specific to projects and locations.
If you are interested in applying for this position click the Apply
It is the policy of Herzog Transit Services, Inc. to provide equal
opportunity in employment for all qualified individuals regardless of
race, color, religion, ethnicity, national origin, ancestry,
disability, medical condition, age, citizenship, sex, sexual
orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital
status, pregnancy, genetic information, military status, veteran
status, and any other characteristic protected by law.
Do you frequent a local coffee shop? Order pick up for your familys dinner on your way home from a busy day? Splurge on a bucket of popcorn with your friends at...
Published 24 days ago
City: Gypsum State: Colorado Postal/Zip Code: 81637 United Companies, is a member of the Oldcastle Materials West Division; Our purpose, commitment to the...
Published 24 days ago
Job ID: Tilcon Connecticut Inc., a CRH company, has played a vital role in building infrastructure around our state, serving the market from 23 locations...
Published 24 days ago
West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc. is a leading manufacturer of packaging components and delivery systems for injectable drugs and healthcare products. Working...
From West Pharmaceutical Services - Arizona
Published a month ago