We are currently seeking a motivated, career and customer service oriented Server Lead to join our team in Washington, DC to begin an exciting and challenging career with SAIC. In this role, you will Analyze complex local and wide area network systems, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges and other devices. Resolve difficult interoperability problems to obtain operation across all platforms including E-Mail, files transfer, multimedia, teleconferencing and the like. Configure systems to user environments. Support acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services. May act as a technical project leader or provide work leadership for lower level employees. Excludes those with full supervisory responsibilities. Applies advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts. Contributes to the development of new principles and concepts. Works on unusually complex technical problems and provides solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious. Works under consultative direction toward predetermined long-range goals and objectives. Assignments are often self-initiated. Determines and pursues courses of action necessary to obtain desired results. Work checked through consultation and agreement with others rather than by formal review of superior. Develops advanced technological ideas and guides their development into a final product. Erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in failure to achieve critical organizational objectives and affect the image of the organization's technological capability. Serves as organization spokesperson on advanced projects and/or programs. Acts as advisor to management on advanced technical research studies and applications. May provide work leadership for lower level employees. Considered expert in field. Excludes those with full supervisory responsibility. Provides mostly tier 3 support and assists with project implementation within the networking environment. Duties:
• Successful provisioning as well as supervision of, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware, software, and related infrastructure. Installation of new systems, rebuilding existing systems, configuration of hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with customer/ government standards.
• Configuration management of Local Area Networks (LANs), Wide Area Networks (WANs), network segments, and Internet and Intranet systems to ensure operability. Installation and maintenance, network hardware and software, analyze problems, and monitor networks to ensure their availability to users.
• Maintains, monitors and troubleshoots within the roles of Incident Management (Return-to-Service) and/or Problem Management (Reason for Outage).
• Evaluates a system's performance and identifies user needs based on approved software per customer specifications.
• Supports acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed.
• Works independently on specific projects or may act as lead or Project Manager or a technical consultant where experience and knowledge span multiple projects.
• Ensures all design decisions are evaluated analytically and in a systematic manner in accordance with approved technical approaches, processes and procedures.
• May provide supervision and guidance for one or more team members including task and work product deliverables.
• Works closely with network operations, systems and other groups on business projects, assignments, problems, etc.
• Develops advanced technological ideas and guides their development to a final product or solution.
• Ensures user environments are configured per requirements or baselines.
• Determines and pursues courses of action necessary to obtain desired outputs, whether solutions or products, which may include baseline performance (SLA's, etc.), Incident management and Problem Management.
• Ensures proper documentation for the corporate knowledgebase, including design, procedural and lessons learned. This also includes maintaining and updating existing documentation.
• Monitors the Network and System Enterprise with provided tools to ensure the health of the critical client solutions.
• Maintains on-call availability to respond to network issues and up-time; must be flexible and available with the scheduling.
• Contributes to technical artifacts through team/program sharepoints and/or communities of practice.
• Staffs projects and maintain the resource plan.
• Assigns and reviews tasks, provides mentoring, manages performance feedback, training and professional development opportunities to help individuals reach their full potential.
• Manages the performance of internal and external service providers in order to ensure the implementation of deliverables and resulting client satisfaction. Interfaces with sub-contractors.
• Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 10 years of combination of experience in computer system basics and/or related areas of expertise or equivalent.
• ITIL Foundations Certification.
• Knowledge and skills may be obtained from a 2-4 year professional computer/IT degree, technical training plus direct related experience
• Expert knowledge in evaluating vendor products and make recommendations to purchase hardware and software
• Knowledge of setting up administrator and service accounts
• Knowledgeable in network security procedures, best practices, and implementation
• Has achieved industry standard certifications, e.g.: Security+, CCNP, CCNA, Network+, MCSA
• Ability to troubleshoot software issues and customer applications as required
• Excellent documentation skills are required
My SAIC Benefits.
If you are a Mortgage Closer- REMOTE with experience, please read on! Top Reasons to Work with Us We are a fully integrated, multi-channel mortgage lender. We...
Published a month ago
We are a disruptive tech leader in Cloud Management looking for an experienced Python Developer with a background in the Django framework. This position will...
Published a month ago
If you are an experienced Formulation Chemist, please read on! We are a well-established and growing chemical company. What You Will Be Doing - Develop new...
Published a month ago
If you (or someone you know) are newer in the Sales field (or have been told you?d be good at sales) are ready to take that next step in your career and you?re...
From Tnt Services - Ohio
Published a month ago