Seasonal EMS Provider - EMSIn response to South Lincoln Hospital District's commitment to support the communities which is serves and its patients in response to the COVID-19 outbreak, the Seasonal EMS Provider position has been created to respond throughout the community in a designated ambulance for:
1) Field triage of possible COVID-19 positive patients,
2) Communication with Medical Control about the best treatment and/or transportation of possible COVID-19 positive patients,
3) The treatment and/or transport of patient,
4) Cleaning and disinfection all equipment and ambulance
Desired Education, Certifications and/or Experience
Current licensure/certification in one or more of the following: Registered Nurse (RN), Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), EMT, EMT- A, EMT-I, Medical Assistant (MA)
Responsibilities / Functional Job Description
General: Standards of Behavior
1. Demonstrates a commitment to living the SLHD standards of behavior through exemplifying in action, a commitment to the values of SLHD, namely:
A. Innovation - continually seeking the latest advances in cost effective healthcare and customer service.
B. Compassion - concern for the individual, empathy for the situation, action to provide service
C. Integrity - doing the right thing; always.
D. Community - supporting, giving and acting to improve where we live, serve, and work.
E. Passion for Healthcare - fervently, avidly, and zealously seeking the improvement of human health
2. Displays this commitment to the standards of behavior through actions and words, by demonstrating the following behavior traits:
A. Adaptability - Responding resourcefully to changes indirection, priorities, schedules, approaches and responsibilities for the good of everyone. Maintaining a positive attitude when faced with a difficult or challenging situation and providing an uplifting and realistic outlook on the opportunities the future may present.
B. Communication - Listening attentively and seeking clarification, being friendly in words and actions, responding to others in a timely manner to ensure satisfaction, comfort and quality care. Utilizing AIDET and the promise to explain the experience the patient can expect, and communicate how the patient will receive excellent and timely care.
C. Professional Conduct and Attitude- Keeping personal conversations to an appropriate volume for the area I am working in, treating everyone in a courteous manner - rudeness is never acceptable, addressing conflict with others privately and respectfully and utilizing the appropriate chain of command. Doing the right thing, even when no one is watching, keeping frustration separate from patent care and professional activities, and recognize that patients are not an interruption, they are our reason for being here.
D. Commitment to Team Members/Patients - Assist patients in finding their destinations, walking with them when possible, interacting constructively with team members and supporting a blame free environment, recognizing there is no place for "it's not my job", finding the right person to support a patient or coworker if I am unable to support or help them. I will not spread negativity, being positive starts with me.
E. Personal and Career Development - Demonstrating a curiosity toward learning and practicing self-development. Supporting co-workers by sharing knowledge, expertise and encouragement to help them be successful in their role. Finding ways to improve the quality of my work even when things are going well. Seeking creative solutions to problems and encouraging creativity in others.
F. Sense of Ownership - Admitting and correcting mistakes, taking personal responsibility to help the organization to succeed. Ensuring cleanliness by maintaining a clutter free environment. Refraining from behavior or conversations that undermine the confidence of the community in our facility. Utilizing resources effectively and maintaining financial responsibility.
Role Specific: Work role responsibilities
1. Receives and processes phone calls requesting a field triage of possible COVID-19 positive patient.
2. Responds to residence of patient with possible positive COVID-19 and provides a field triage of the patient.
3. Provide consultation with Medical Control and the patient for the best treatment and/or transport options.
4. Provide the best treatment and/or transportation of the patient to the most appropriate facility.
5. Cleaning and disinfecting all equipment and ambukances.
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
1. Ability to listen, evaluate, understand and communicate effectively to create and offer consultative solutions callers without getting lost in unnecessary detail
2. Ability to process several pieces of information quickly and efficiently, following an approved and standardized script and flow.
3. Interpersonal warmth and precision, balancing the supporting the resolution of anxiety of the patient with providing them actionable consultation on next steps.
4.Ability to maintain confidentiality when appropriate/necessary
5.Ability to read, write legibly and calculate mathematical figures
6. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables
7. Ability to work effectively with others to create a high-performance team
8. Ability to manage multiple assignments/projects; meet timelines and prioritize responsibility
9. Ability to handle stressful situations and react appropriately
10. Ability to maintain a driver's license and ability to travel distances for multiple days as necessary
11. Ability to exercise good judgement in appraising situations and making decisions
12. Ability to work and interact effectively and positively with other staff members to build and enhance teamwork across SLHD departments
13. Ability to communicate to complete responsibilities effectively
14. Computer skills and the ability to read computer reports and correspondence
15. Proficiency with Microsoft office products (excel, word, PowerPoint, etc.)
Equal Employment Opportunity
South Lincoln Hospital District will provide equal opportunity employment to all employees and applicants for employment. No person shall be discriminated against in employment because of race, color, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or intellectual disability, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Statement
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Megan Neal - HR Manager
711 Onyx Street
Kemmerer, WY 83101
About the Job Position Overview: This position is responsible for the management of all Amazon.com 1P and 3P business conducted by American Licorice Company...
From Savaseniorcare Client Center - Indiana
Published a month ago
About the Job Position Overview: SitusAMC seeks qualified Underwriter Analysts for a potential short term or long term client engagement. The Underwriter...
From Savaseniorcare Client Center - Iowa
Published a month ago
About the Job Job Title:Customer Service Representative Reports to:Branch Manager FLSA Status:Non-exempt Salary Grade:NE10 Supervisory Responsibility:Yes...
From Savaseniorcare Client Center - New York
Published a month ago
About the Job Are you looking for a great career opportunity? Allegiance Staffing, specializing in the light industrial sector is seeking a Business...
From Savaseniorcare Client Center - Texas
Published a month ago