Registered Nurse (Long Term Care)- $5,000 Sign-on Bonus! - Long Term Care
Provides quality nursing care to residents to ensure that the residents physical and psychosocial needs are met, that their care is documented, and that their families are well-informed of the residents status.
Desired Education, Certifications and/or Experience
Current active license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Wyoming
At least one year of general nursing preferred
Must be able to physically move and lift residents
Current CPR (BLS) certification
Responsibilities / Functional Job Description
General: Performance Expectations
1. Responsible - works independently, in a safe and appropriate manner. Demonstrates both problem-solving and problem-prevention skills.
2. Sensitive - displays sensitivity to the needs of patients and co-workers. Demonstrates good communications skills and empathy.
3. Timely - recognizes time as a customer's most valuable resource and responds promptly to patients' and co-workers' needs.
4. Accurate - works carefully and precisely, with attention to detail.
5. Coordinated - organizes and delivers service in the proper order. Displays good organization skills and utilizes resources wisely.
6. Thorough - meets all the requirements of his/her position. Is able to evaluate and follow up on his/her services.
General: Teamwork and Service Expectations
7. Display and encourage sensitivity to needs of patients, visitors, and co-workers.
8. Treat others with consideration, courtesy and respect.
9. Perform duties willingly and with initiative; shares necessary information so co-workers can do the same.
10. Remain composed and takes actions to restore calm in stressful situations.
11. Demonstrate judgment and tact when dealing with others.
12. Cooperate with other hospital departments and work groups.
13. Communicate effectively with patients, visitors, and co-workers; take action to clarify information received from others.
Role Specific: Work role responsibilities
1. Provides direction to para and non-professional personnel to perform their duties in accordance with their level of expertise.
2. Has major responsibility for assessing, planning, implementing, and evaluating quality resident care which is consistent with the established nursing center and nursing service policies and procedures.
3. Responsible for initiating, developing and coordinating a discharge plan with assigned residents in collaboration with the physician/provider and other healthcare professionals.
4. Coordinates the individual resident care regime with other members of the health care team and works in collegial relationship with physicians/providers in carrying out their delegated medical and nursing care plans. Alternatives or change in medical regimes are discussed with the physicians/providers based on nursing observations.
5. Responsible for maintaining the dignity and confidentiality of the resident and serves as a resident advocate at all times.
6. Responsible for maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of nursing trends and new developments in the health field in order to promote optimal standards of nursing care.
7. Utilizes effective human relation and communication skills in interfacing with nursing center personnel, residents, and others.
8. Takes positive actions to resolve resident/family issues and promotes positive nursing center/family relationships.
9. Responsible for making independent nursing decisions relating to resident care.
10. Accountable for quality resident care through completion and documentation of assessments, care planning, interventions, evaluations, resident teaching, discharge planning, and safe practice in compliance with SLNC and nursing standards.
11. Provides quality of nursing service by maintaining a safe resident environment through professional conduct and practices, compliance with policies and procedures, and participation in an ongoing review of QA processes and monitors.
12. Practices professional conduct and complies with SLHD policies and procedures
13. Uses equipment in a safe manner according to hospital policies
14. Carry out physician/provider orders within their realm of duty
15. Provides for cost effective resident care through appropriate use of time, supplies, and equipment
16. Participates in resident teaching
17. Attends mandatory and other in-service/staff meetings
18. Understands residents rights and complies with confidentiality policies
19. Performs assigned inventories, checks for outdates, and stocks supplies
20. Performs other duties as assigned
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
1. Ability to operation various office equipment
2. Skill in accuracy and attention to detail
3. Ability to perform public relations and public speaking in a professional manner
4. Ability to maintain confidentiality
5. Ability to read, write legibly and calculate mathematical figures
6. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables
7. Ability to work with, lead and supervise others
8. Ability to manage multiple assignments/projects; meet timelines and prioritize responsibility
9. Ability to handle stressful situations and react appropriately
10. Ability to maintain a drivers license and ability to travel distances for multiple days as necessary
11. Ability to exercise good judgment in appraising situations and making decisions
12. Ability to work and interact effectively and positively with other staff members to build and enhance teamwork across SLMC departments
13. Ability to communicate to complete responsibilities effectively
14. Ability to see to use computer efficiently and read computer reports and correspondence
15. High proficiency with Microsoft office products (excel, word, PowerPoint, etc.)
Equal Employment Opportunity
South Lincoln Medical Center will provide equal opportunity employment to all employees and applicants for employment. No person shall be discriminated against in employment because of race, color, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or intellectual disability, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Statement
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Position Type : Full Time
Megan Neal - HR Manager
711 Onyx Street
Kemmerer, WY 83101
Human resources manager needed for a full-time opportunity. This position will be remote during the pandemic. Three years of experience and bachelor's degree in...
Published a month ago
Job Title : Project Manager - IAM Location: Weston , MA Duration: 6 months + (possible extension) Work Authorization: W2 Pay Rate: $80.00-$95.00/Hour Big MUST...
From Eclaro - Massachusetts
Published a month ago
Work Schedule/Days: Day/Monday : Friday Employment Type: Full:Time Location: Scottish Rite Requisition : 39845 Short Description 13; Childrens Healthcare of...
Published a month ago
GRAPHIC SERVICES MANAGER DORN COLOR, westside color card manufacturer has an immediate need for a Graphic Services Manager. Primary role is to effectively...
Published a month ago