Operating Room Technician 2 - Surgical ServicesThe Operating Room Technician 2 will be proficient as a Scrub Tech and in Central Sterile. The OR Tech 2 will also be responsible to contact vendors and providers to ensure that the right equipment is available for cases. He/she will handle the instruments, supplies, and equipment necessary during the surgical procedure. He/she has an understanding of the procedure being performed and anticipates the needs of the surgeon. He/she has the necessary knowledge and ability to ensure quality patient care during the operative procedure and is constantly on vigil for maintenance of the sterile field. The OR Tech 2 also has knowledge of central sterile processing. He/she will also coordinate and collaborate the overall cleaning, decontamination, assembly and dispensing of surgical instruments, equipment and supplies needed for daily surgical procedures in surgery and related departments. The skills and experience reflective of an Operating Room Technician 2 are preferred for this recruitment. However, applicants interested in developing such knowledge and skill will also be considered.
Desired Education, Certifications and/or Experience
1-2 years experience is preferred.
Must possess High School Diploma
Must be certified or willing to certify in BLS.
Must possess the ability to function in a team environment.
Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, patients, family members, visitors, and physicians.
Must have patience, tact, and a cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as willingness to handle difficult situations.
Strong organizational and time management skills.
Embraces change and able to handle multiple demands at one time.
Proficient in both the Scrub Tech role and the CS role and/or certified as a Scrub Tech.
Responsibilities / Functional Job Description
General: Performance Expectations
1. Responsible - works independently, in a safe and appropriate manner. Demonstrates both problem-solving and problem-prevention skills.
2. Sensitive - displays sensitivity to the needs of patients and co-workers. Demonstrates good communications skills and empathy.
3. Timely - recognizes time as a customer's most valuable resource and responds promptly to patients' and co-workers' needs.
4. Accurate - works carefully and precisely, with attention to detail.
5. Coordinated - organizes and delivers service in the proper order. Displays good organization skills and utilizes resources wisely.
6. Thorough - meets all the requirements of his/her position. Is able to evaluate and follow up on his/her services.
General: Teamwork and Service Expectations
1. Display and encourage sensitivity to needs of patients, visitors, and co-workers.
2. Treat others with consideration, courtesy and respect.
3. Perform duties willingly and with initiative; shares necessary information so co-workers can do the same.
4. Remain composed and takes actions to restore calm in stressful situations.
5. Demonstrate judgment and tact when dealing with others.
6. Cooperate with other hospital departments and work groups.
7. Communicate effectively with patients, visitors, and co-workers; take action to clarify information received from others.
Role Specific: Work role responsibilities
1. Donning OR attire and personal protective equipment (PPE).
2. Gathers, checks and opens supplies and equipment needed for the surgical procedure. Restocks supplies at the end of the day.
3. Performs the surgical scrub, and donning gown and gloves.
4. Sets up the sterile back table and Mayo stand with instruments, supplies, equipment, and medications/solutions needed for the procedure.
5. Performs initial instrument, sharps and sponge counts with the circulator.
6. Assists the team members with gowning and gloving.
7. Assists with draping the patient and establishing the sterile field.
8. Secures tubing, cords and other sterile accessories.
9. Prepares and anticipates additional instrumentation, equipment and supplies for usage during the procedure.
10. Anticipates the needs of the surgeon by passing instruments and supplies to surgeon during procedure.
11. Measures and passes medications, hemostatic agents and irrigation solutions utilized during the surgical procedure.
12. Holds retractors or instruments as directed by the surgeon.
13. Sponges or suctions the operative site.
14. Applies electrocautery to clamps or forceps on bleeders.
15. Cuts suture material as directed by the surgeon.
16. Coordinates the camera or changes out instruments during endoscopic surgery as directed by the surgeon.
17. Maintains highest standard of sterile technique during the procedure.
18. Performs additional counts as necessary.
19. Prepares sterile dressings and/or immobilization devices.
20. Prepares and passes off specimen(s) as appropriate.
21. Cleans and prepares instruments for terminal sterilization.
22. Assists other members of the team with terminal cleaning of room.
23. Assists in prepping the OR for the next patient.
24. Participates in debriefing and quality improvement practices to ensure quality patient care.
25. Assists with transferring patient to the operating room table.
26. Responsible for control of all parts of the sterilization process, decontamination, prep, pack, sterilize, documentation of sterilization; and sterile storage including remediation of equipment.
27. Provide integrity and sterility of products and services for the patients.
28. Maintain consistency and continuous workflow between the OR and Central Service Sterile Processing while practicing excellent customer service.
29. Operate and maintain equipment; keep records of loads completed, items of loads and maintenance procedures performed.
30. Decontaminate, reprocess and maintain flexible endoscopes.
31. Maintain strong working/collaborative relationships with other departments to ensure flow and continuity of services.
32. Report defective equipment to supervisor or staff.
33. Updates and keeps accurate records of the surgeonâ??s preferences. Working beyond normal working hours, and in other positions temporarily, when necessary.
34. Is required to take call and is subject to callback during emergency conditions (e.g. severe weather, evacuation, post disaster, etc.)"
35. Attends and participates in continuing education programs. Assists in the orientation of new employees.
36. Is subject to injury from falls, burns from equipment, odors, etc. throughout the workday, as well as to reactions from dust, disinfectants, and other air contaminants.
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
1. Ability to work and interact effectively and positively with other staff members to build and enhance teamwork across SLMC departments
2. Ability to communicate to complete responsibilities effectively
3. Communicates with medical staff, department personnel and other department staff.
Equal Employment Opportunity
South Lincoln Medical Center will provide equal opportunity employment to all employees and applicants for employment. No person shall be discriminated against in employment because of race, color, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or intellectual disability, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Statement
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Day
Megan Neal - HR Manager
711 Onyx Street
Kemmerer, WY 83101
About Gateway Wireless LLCGateway Wireless is a growing tech company that was started in the Heartland. Our vision at Gateway Wireless is to deliver a simple...
From Gateway Wireless Llc - Missouri
Published a month ago
Comstock is currently seeking a part-time Concierge Saturday and Sunday from 4 PM ? 12 AM at BLVD Reston. S/he will demonstrate the ability to provide...
From Comstock Companies - Virginia
Published a month ago
GreeterIf you enjoy working in a fun, high-energy environment with a growing company where the game is always on, we invite you to bring your enthusiasm and...
From Buffalo Wild Wings - West Virginia
Published a month ago
A. Primary Purpose of Job: The assistant manager is responsible for the entire store operation, in conjunction with the store manager, including program...
From Bfs Foods, Inc. | Bfs Companies - West Virginia
Published a month ago