SUMMARY:The primary responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, maintaining data integrity of the Human Resources Information System (HRIS), validating personnel and payroll transactions, providing ad-hoc and standard reporting, assisting in the development of guidelines and documents, conducting routine review of timecards to ensure adherence to time and attendance polices, as well as assisting in other areas as needed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Performs employee data management functions, to include data entry, updates into and maintaining data integrity within the Human Resource Information System (HRIS).
· Validate personnel transactions (hires, terminations, pay & title changes, promotions, employment status, transfers, address changes, etc.) in ADP.
· Processes and responds timely to external inquiries for employee information, including payroll and timekeeping inquiries.
· Provides ad-hoc and standard reporting of employee information as requested.
· Works closely with Accounting and Payroll to provide liability analysis and reporting.
· Maintains and performs regular audits on employee paid time off benefits and updates as appropriate.
· Maintains and performs regular audits of the Time and Attendance system.
· Audits and corrects bi-weekly timecards for accuracy prior to payroll processing.
· Assists in year-end audits prior to processing of W-2?s.
· Supports HRIS and other enterprise systems? upgrades, patches, testing and other technical projects as assigned.
· Serves as a systems liaison with other departments and process stakeholders (i.e., Payroll).
· Recommends process/customer service improvements, innovative solutions, policy changes and/or major variations from established policy.
· Assists in the development of user procedures, guidelines and documentation for HR-related systems.
· Assists with special HR-related projects and provides training to other staff members as required.
· Conducts general office duties as needed (e.g., filing and uploading documents).
· Works with HRIS Coordinator on monthly audit in preparation of carrier invoices.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· BA is required, or in place of a degree, 5+ years of relevant experience.
· Experience with HRIS systems, preferably ADP Workforce Now
· In depth understanding of payroll procedures, laws, taxes and best practices
· Five years secretarial and office administration, or equivalent experience with data entry, PowerPoint, Excel, Word, and Outlook.
· Self-starter, highly responsive, and detail oriented.
· Must be able to work in a fast-paced, high volume environment with demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing tasks and maintain a high-level of accuracy.
· Ability to maintain absolute confidentiality in all business matters.
· Ability to prepare reports and business correspondence.
· Commitment to excellence and high standards.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
· Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
· Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees.
· Minimum of 21 years of age
· Ability to obtain a Terminal Handler?s License from the Illinois Gaming Board
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
· Sit for prolonged periods.
Utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, read technical information, and/or use a keyboard
The noise level in the work environment usually is moderate
Occasional business travel required.
Calculate figures and amounts.
Occasionally required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or crawl
Occasionally required to lift/push light weights less than 25 pounds
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management?s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Type: Full-time
ADP: 2 years (Preferred)
Excel: 3 years (Preferred)
Analysis Skills: 2 years (Preferred)
HRIS: 2 years (Preferred)
Payment Processing: 1 year (Preferred)
United States (Required)