The Disassembly Technician is responsible for disassembling, inspecting and assessing vehicles for additional or hidden damage. This includes removing all damaged parts and writing a detailed list of supplemental damage found and reporting it to the assigned Estimator. Additional duties include light auto body repairs.
DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
• Follow CARSTAR’s blueprinting process and disassembly procedures (DFR) for all vehicle inspections.
• Disassemble vehicles after the initial estimate, inspect all vehicles for internal structure and parts from the initial inspection (estimate) and identify additional damage.
• Document and record additional damage and required parts on a damage report (including blend panels, small parts, on-time use fasteners and moldings, etc.).
• Notify the Production Manager / Estimator regarding supplements based on additional damage/parts discovered.
• Assist the Metal Technician with reassembly upon completion of the repair, as needed.
• Perform light non-structural repairs – light finishing, sanding, minor bumper repairs, etc.
• Reassemble vehicle – replace final moldings, trim and detail pieces.
• Perform assigned duties in a safe and responsible manner that does not expose yourself or other employees to unnecessary risk of injury.
• Attend daily release meetings.
• Other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE / SKILL REQUIREMENTS
• High School diploma required, collision vocational graduate preferred.
• Prior knowledge of blueprinting or disassembly experience preferred.
• I-CAR, ASE training or other industry training preferred.
• Prior experience with hand tools used for vehicle disassembly.
• Ability to working independently without close supervision.
• Valid driver’s license and insurable driving record.
Essential physical requirements include:
• Ability to stoop, bend and kneel, push and pull
• Carry and lift heavy objects (up to 50lbs)
• Standing, sitting and walking
• Performing repetitive motions
• Paint, fumes and particles
• Dirt / Dust
• Chemicals / Toxins
• Varying heat / cold
• Intermittent noise*All duties, responsibilities and experience are subject to change by location
Production Team Member ["US-OR-Portland-Portland"] Who We Are Collaborative. Respectful. A place to dream and do in Portland, Oregon. These are just a few words...
From Tms Toyota Motors Sales - Oregon
Published 25 days ago
Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family:owned company heading into its second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted...
Published 23 days ago
Job Description: District Sales Manager The District Manager, Sales is responsible for supporting sales operations for a specific District with approximately $...
From Sears Home Improvement Products - Oklahoma
Published 23 days ago
What if you were given the opportunity and responsibility to make a difference? It is time to embrace your Infinite Possibilities. This is your opportunity to...
Published 22 days ago