Clinical AssistantIt is essential to provide direct resident care under the supervision of an RN or LPN. To perform or assist residents with water passes, bed making, answering call lights and being a second person for mechanical transfers. To provide assistance to families and visitors. To keep equipment, supplies, and resources clean and available for resident care. To assist in maintaining and upgrading quality resident care at SLNC.
Desired Education, Certifications and/or Experience
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Current, valid Wyoming CNA license. CPR/BLS certification or ability to get within 6 months.
Lifting, moving residents, supplies, and equipment as directed/required.
Demonstrates good interpersonal and communication skills. Accurate and precise with writing and spelling skills. Computer experience preferred.
Responsibilities / Functional Job Description
General: Performance Expectations
1. Responsible - works independently, in a safe and appropriate manner. Demonstrates both problem-solving and problem-prevention skills.
2. Sensitive - displays sensitivity to the needs of patients and co-workers. Demonstrates good communications skills and empathy.
3. Timely - recognizes time as a customer's most valuable resource and responds promptly to patients' and co-workers' needs.
4. Accurate - works carefully and precisely, with attention to detail.
5. Coordinated - organizes and delivers service in the proper order. Displays good organization skills and utilizes resources wisely.
6. Thorough - meets all the requirements of his/her position. Is able to evaluate and follow up on his/her services.
General: Teamwork and Service Expectations
1. Displays and encourages sensitivity to needs of patients, visitors, and co-workers.
2. Treats others with consideration, courtesy and respect.
3. Performs duties willingly and with initiative; shares necessary information so co-workers can do the same.
4. Remains composed and takes actions to restore calm in stressful situations.
5. Demonstrates judgment and tact when dealing with others.
6. Cooperates with other hospital departments and work groups.
7. Communicates effectively with patients, visitors, and co-workers; takes action to clarify information received from others.
Role Specific: Work role responsibilities
1. Help to admit resident to their room, i.e. orient to equipment, call light, bathroom, etc.
2. Assist other C.N.As with bed baths, tub baths, showers, and skin care, as well as HS skin care.
3. Take and record BP, temp, pulse, and respirations accurately after receiving training and being signed off.
4. Change linen on a bed with resident in it or out of it.
5. Perform light housekeeping chores so that resident rooms are clean and comfortable. Ensure residents have fresh water every shift as applicable.
6. Use equipment such as oxygen, radios, phones, and beepers appropriately. Utilize supplies and equipment in a cost-effective manner. Restock supplies as needed. Reports malfunctioning of defective equipment and supplies to supervisor.
7. Able to move residents by stretcher, wheelchair, and ambulation in a safe manner.
8. May NOT give medications
9. May not be sole provider in dining room until completing a state approved dietary safety training class.
10. Able to take properly labeled specimens to the lab.
11. Assist in code scribe, move equipment, obtain equipment, etc. Know where the crash cart is and how to move it.
12. Accountable to the charge nurse and to know the proper chain of command.
13. Able to prioritize work and to maintain a clean, orderly, and safe work area.
14. Know where to find policy book and policies relating to job and read them.
15. Dress in appropriate and acceptable nursing attire.
16. Consults with and keeps charge nurse informed of resident activities, needs, and problems. Is observant of any physical and mental status changes of residents and reports them to the charge nurse.
17. Follow established hospital policies, procedures, objectives, quality assurance programs, safety standards, environmental standards, and infection control practices.
18. Cooperate with other personnel to achieve objectives and maintain good employee and interdepartmental relations.
19. Attend regular meetings, in-services, and educational programs.
20. Perform some clerical duties, such as answering the telephone.
21. Perform other duties as required.
Desired Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
1. Knowledge of state and federal regulations, policies, and procedures governing accounting, medical billing and financial recordkeeping.
2. Knowledge of financial/revenue cycle reporting and key performance indicators for measuring and benchmarking performance.
3. Ability to operate various office equipment.
4. Skill in attention to detail and accuracy.
5. Ability to perform public relations and public speaking in a professional manner.
6. Ability to maintain confidentiality.
7. Ability to read, write legibly and calculate mathematical figures.
8. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables.
9. Ability to work with, lead and supervise others.
10. Ability to manage multiple assignments/projects; meet timelines and prioritize responsibility.
11. Ability to handle stressful situations and react appropriately.
12. Ability to maintain a drivers license and ability to travel distances for multiple days as necessary.
13. Ability to exercise good judgement in appraising situations and making decisions.
14. Ability to work and interact effectively and positively with other staff members to build and enhance teamwork across SLMC departments.
15. Ability to communicate to complete responsibilities effectively.
16. Ability to see to use computer efficiently and read computer reports and correspondence.
17. High proficiency with Microsoft office products (excel, word, PowerPoint, etc.).
Equal Employment Opportunity
South Lincoln Medical Center will provide equal opportunity employment to all employees and applicants for employment. No person shall be discriminated against in employment because of race, color, gender, age, national origin, ancestry, religion, physical or intellectual disability, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Statement
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Position Type : Full Time
Shift : Day
Megan Neal - HR Manager
711 Onyx Street
Kemmerer, WY 83101
Seeking an audit and tax professional with skills in Excel and three years of auditing, tax and accounting skills is needed to provide auditing and public tax...
Published a month ago
Serve as liaison to staff, families, and various county agencies to assure billing/payments, and maintain proper records. Must have 2+ years of accounting...
Published a month ago
Job Details: Main Requirement: Accounting degree/experience and also some testing/database/excel. Need people with Accounting experience or Degree who has a...
From Plato Consulting - Kansas
Published a month ago
Role : SAP FI/CO Project Consultant - General Ledger Location : Santa Clara, CA Must Have: 8-10 years SAP experience in FI/CO minimum, including full project...
From Veear - California
Published a month ago