Monday-Thursday; 8:15 am ? 5:00 pm
Friday; Drive-Thru until 6 (rotation)
Saturday Rotation (8:10A-12 noon)
The position of Teller is responsible for performing routine branch and customer services duties; accepts retail and commercial checking and savings deposits; processes loan payments; cashes checks and savings withdrawals; promotes business for the Bank by maintaining good customer relations and referring customers to appropriate staff for new services.
1. Receives retail and commercial checking and savings deposits by determining that all necessary deposit documents are in proper form, and issuing receipts.
2. Cashes checks, savings withdrawals and makes cash advances; confirms all necessary documents are properly authorized, are in proper form and are within authorized limits; makes decisions when questionable items are presented for cashing.
3. Operates computer terminal or personal computer to process account activity, determine balances, and resolve problems within given authority.
4. Issues official checks.
5. Assists with night depository duties; logs bags; processes deposits; makes change orders; issues receipts and returns bags to customers.
6. Cross-sells the Bank?s other products and services, referring customers to appropriate staff as indicated.
7. Performs safe deposit duties by controlling access and assisting customers.
8. Receives and processes stop payment and hold orders.
9. Accepts loan and installment payments.
10. Balances cash drawer daily and verifies cash being returned to the vault.
11. Provides effective customer service and assists in resolving problems within given authority.
12. Records, files, updates information, prepares wire transfers and sorts mail or reports as required.
13. Requires adherence to established bank policies and procedures and knowledge of federal and state regulation standards that have been implemented at the Bank.
14. Answers telephone calls and directs callers to proper Bank personnel.
15. May gather data and process various reports (e.g., currency transaction, returned items, overdrafts, callbacks, etc.)
16. Processes change orders and deposit slip corrections.
17. May assist in opening and closing the vault daily; assists in balancing vault currency and coin.
18. Types routine letters, reports and forms.
19. Maintains files, copies and faxes documents, and orders and distributes supplies.
The position of Teller performs duties specific to the position and other functions as assigned.
ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
The environment for this position is an open office that is mostly clean and comfortable. It may include some minor annoyances such as noise, odors, drafts, etc. The incumbent is in a non-confined office-type setting in which he or she is free to move about at will.
The incumbent in the course of performing this position spends time writing, typing, speaking, listening, carrying, seeing (such as close, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and adjusted focus), sitting, pulling, walking, standing, squatting, kneeling and reaching.
The incumbent for this position may operate any or all of the following: telephone, copy and fax machines, adding machine (calculator), check protector, encoder, money counter, credit card terminal, typewriter, computer terminal, personal computer and related printers.
The incumbent in this position must be able to accommodate to reading documents or instruments, detailed work, problem solving, customer contact, reasoning, math, language, presentations, verbal and written communication, analytical reasoning, stress, multiple concurrent tasks and constant interruptions.
These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory performance of this position. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the position in a satisfactory manner. Individual abilities may result in some deviation from these guidelines.
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or 6+ months ofrelated experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Work related experience should consist of a cash handling and/or customer service background. Educational experience, through in-house training sessions, formal school or financial industry related curriculum, should be business or financial industry related.
· Basic experience, knowledge and training in branch operation activities, terminology and products and services.
· Basic knowledge of related state and federal banking compliance regulations, and other Bank operational policies.
· Basic skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; mainframe computer system; word processing and spreadsheet software.
· Basic typing skills to meet production needs of the position.
· Basic math skills; calculate interest and balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; count currency, coin and negotiable instruments in a timely manner.
· Effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions, interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence, speak clearly to customers and employees.
· Ability to deal with routine problems involving multiple facets and variables in standardized situations.
· Good organizational and time management skills.
· Ability to work with general supervision while performing duties.
· Current Tennessee driver?s license and a vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage if required to drive in the course of performing assigned duties and responsibilities.
The incumbent must be able to perform this position safely, without endangering the health or safety to him or herself or others.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $10.00 to $13.00 /hour
teller: 1 year (Preferred)
banking: 1 year (Preferred)
sales: 1 year (Preferred)
customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
cash handling: 1 year (Preferred)
Paid time off
Professional development assistance
Every other week
This Job Is:
A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Monday to Friday
Waiting period may apply
Only full-time employees eligible
This position is security:sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information...
Published 17 days ago
Leonardo DRS is looking for a Line of Business (LOB) leader to head up its Airborne Systems portfolio. DRS delivers game changing sensor and system technology...
Published 17 days ago
(a) Identifying and evaluating coverage issues, preparing comprehensive coverage letters and analysis, retaining and managing coverage counsel through trial...
Published 17 days ago
To really stand out and make us fit for the future in a constantly changing world, each and every one of us at PwC needs to be an authentic and inclusive leader...
Published 17 days ago