SAIC is seeking Associate Network Engineers to support installation, operations, maintenance, repairs, and modification of equipment in support of the Cheyenne Mountain Air Force Station (CMAFS) Global Command and Control System Work Center, by performing a variety of maintenance and technical support on products, such as equipment, integrated systems, and subsystems, and software at customer and field locations 24/7.
The NISSC II effort establishes requirements for OM&S that support classified communications and processing for Command and Control (C2) capability in organizational work centers at Cheyenne Mountain Air Force Station (CMAFS), Peterson Air Force Base (PAFB), Colorado; Offutt AFB (OAFB), Nebraska; Vandenberg AFB (VAFB), California; and other sites, worldwide.
This specific position will have a place of performance in Colorado Springs.
Qualified candidate must have the ability to provide real time technical support to the NORAD-USNORTHCOM (N-NC) Global Command and Control System (GCCS) customers and data providers. The candidate will provide system administration, situational analysis, impact assessment, and issue resolution in support of 24X7 mission operations.
- Ability to perform all Windows and Solaris 10 system administration taking a blank system and making it a fully operational client or server
- Experience with Windows multi-level Active Directory and Domain Name Service administration
- Experience with VMWare virtual solution administration
- Experience with LAN/WAN network architecture, services, and functionality is required
- Experience with securing, monitoring and auditing Windows and Solaris systems to prevent/detect malicious attacks or errors in the system
- Must be able to work in a DoD mission-oriented environment centered on mission availability and quick response to customer reported issues while following all Air Force, DoD, and DISA policies and Instructions
- Excellent communications skills are required to address/provide status to DoD (military and civilian) personnel, document problems, and communicate with NISSC II program representatives.
As a member of GCCS Operations, the selected candidate will be responsible for ensuring system availability in support of the N-NC COP.
- System administration duties include proactive/reactive system checks, real time troubleshooting, and anomaly reporting/resolution.
- Take direction from and communicate with N-NC Communications and Operations personnel and staff in the N-NC Command Center (N2C2), the GLOBALCOP at USSTRATCOM, and the National Military Command Center (NMCC) at the Pentagon.
- GCCS Operations Crew members are responsible for coordinating, performing, and documenting day-to-day GCCS system administration activities and maintaining N-NC COP situational awareness.
- Makes on-line and off-line configuration changes in support of operations, tests or exercises as directed by the N2C2 and Joint Services Support Center (JSSC) at NMCC.
- Generate trouble tickets with the JSSC to identify, document, and track system issues and anomalies.
- Provides GCCS system technical recommendations and impact analysis to mission users.
- Directly involved in the coordination and execution of GCCS system software upgrades, and test/exercise support.
Candidate must meet minimum certification requirement for DoD Directive 8570, "Information Assurance Training, Certification, and Workforce Management". This position requires a minimum certification associated with IAT Level I, which may be met with an A+, Network+ or higher. Candidate must possess a qualifying 8570 certification within 3 months of hire date.
Experience with supporting Command and Control environment is desired to include the Common Operational Picture (COP) and Agile Client.
Experience with any of the following platforms/applications is a plus: LINUX, ESXi VMWare, and VSphere Virtual Center Server.
Technical Skills and Background Experience Requirements:
Ability to perform Windows system administration
Ability to perform UNIX system administration
Ability to administrate a multi-level Active Directory structure
Ability to support database administration of various database platforms such as Oracle or Microsoft
Ability to interface with program integration and/or engineering personnel for implementation of new software releases/patches, as well as communication of system changes and anomalies
Ability to perform procedure lead restoral actions on the databases and systems
Must have an active DoD TS/SCI clearance
Must have a Bachelor's Degree & 2 years (level 2) or 5 years (level 3) applicable experience with Command and Control (C2) Systems
Must have excellent technical and communications skills to effectively interface with internal and external customers at all levels
Must be able to work in a high visibility environment, focused on 24/7 mission availability, and quickly respond to customer direction/requests
Candidate must meet minimum certification requirement for DoD Directive 8570, "Information Assurance Training, Certification, and Workforce Management". This position requires a minimum certification associated with IAT Level I, which may be met with A+, Network+, Security+ or higher.
Candidate must possess a qualifying 8570 certification within 3 months of hire date. Initial certification expenses will not be covered by the program.
Experience with HP Blade Architecture and Enclosure administration
Experience with Altiris and/ or Symantec Management Console for server/client software deployment
Experience with Oracle DB Console or other database management tool
Experience using HP Operations Manager for system monitoring/management
Experience with LAN/WAN network architecture, services, and functionality is required
Experience cloning and reimaging Windows and Solaris servers is a plus
Experience with any of the following platforms/applications is a plus: Solaris 10, Oracle, HP blade architecture, HP Operations Manager, HP Remote Graphics Software, LINUX, ESXi VMWare, Cisco and Juniper switch platforms, NetApp, and VSphere Virtual Center Server
ITW/AA mission and system familiarity
Familiarity with military customs and courtesies desired
My SAIC Benefits.
Tharaldson Ethanol, the ethanol plant located in Casselton, ND, is accepting applications for an E&I Technician. Responsible for the repair and maintenance of...
From Tharaldson Ethanol - North Dakota
Published a month ago
Job Description Summary of Position: Responsible for the overall success of construction projects for fire alarm, security, and voice and data systems. Success...
Published a month ago
JOIN THE HALCYON TECHNOLOGY TEAM! We are looking for a candidate who has networking and server administration experience and looking to work in a positive and...
From Halcyon Technology, Llc - New Mexico
Published a month ago
Requisition ID: Position:Full:Time Shift: FHR : 2nd Mon:Fri (1P : 9P) Oakley, Inc. is a sport and lifestyle brand, driven to ignite the imagination through...
Published a month ago